After the success of my last meal prep video, I’m giving it another go! If you want to make any of the recipes, the full details are below.
For this week’s Meal Prep, I made:
- Moroccan chickpea soup
- Couscous and roasted vegetables
- Veggie chilli
- Chicken with pesto and mozzarella
- Sausage casserole
- Salmon fillets
- Fruit salad
- Veggie sticks
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup nuts, chopped (I used almonds)
1/4 cup seeds (I used sunflower seeds)
1/2 cup dried fruit (I used dates)
2-3 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
I found this delicious recipe on Elizabeth Rider’s website here.
Moroccan Chickpea Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion
2 celery sticks, chopped
2 tsp ground cumin
600ml vegetable stock
400g plum tomatoes
1 garlic clove
100f frozen broad beans
1/2 lemon (zest and juice)
Chicken with Mozzarella and Pesto
4 tbsp green pesto
1 large ball of mozzarella (or 2 small)
1. Spread out your chicken breasts on a chopping board, cover with clingfilm and beat with a mallet until flattened.
2. Spread a layer of pesto onto each chicken breast. Tear up the mozzarella and lay some on each of the chicken breasts.
3. Roll up each chicken breast from the short end, and secure with a cocktail stick. Store in the fridge or freeze. Defrost thoroughly before cooking in the oven at 200 degrees for 20 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink.
2 carrots, chopped
2 sticks celery, chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 yellow or orange pepper
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne pepper
A sprinkle of crushed chillis
1 x 400g tin black beans
1 x 400g tin kidney beans
2 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
This recipe is from the 2020 Emily Norris Planner!
1. Heat the oil in a casserole dish on the hob. Add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 8-10 minutes until soft, then add the garlic, tip in the sweet potato chunks and cook for 1 minute more.
2. Add all the spices, cook for a minute and tip everything into the slow cooker. Add the pepper and chopped tomatoes. Give everything a good stir, then cook on low for 5 hours.
3. Stir in the beans and cook for another 30 minutes to 1 hour. Season to taste and serve with lime wedges, sour cream, rice and coriander.
1 large onion
1 red pepper
1 sachet Colman’s sausage casserole seasoning mix
300ml cold water
I put all the ingredients in a slow cooker ‘dump bag’ to freeze and cook another day. It would be nicer to brown the sausages first, but I don’t mind too much about that when it’s for the kids – and this is such an easy way of doing it!
Such a great cheat’s recipe! Simply pop the salmon fillets in the seasoning bag, give it a good shake and freeze or refrigerate until you need them. Obviously don’t forget to defrost thoroughly before cooking.